Skip to main content

Summer School Information About Visas

Students and faculty coming from outside the United States will need to obtain an entry visa. Airline tickets will not be purchased until the appropriate visa is received. Information on obtaining a B-1 Visitor’s Visa is available at the U. S. Department of State website.

Some countries are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, which is also explained on the U.S. Department of State website. Please note that the $160 visa fee will be reimbursed by UCAR, but travel to obtain a visa is not an allowable cost. Receipts must be provided for the fee to be reimbursed.

Many countries have a wait time to get an appointment at the local US Embassy, so selected participants should plan accordingly.